PRESENTATION OF ABSTRACTS 2018
Click here to submit your abstract Haga click aquí para presentar su resumen
REGULATION FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
The University of Lleida and the GESEC Research Group organize the “II International Congress: Health, Education and Quality of Life”, to be held on December 10 and 11, 2018, in the city of Lleida; its interdisciplinary nature allows presenting oral communications (face-to-face or virtual) and/or posters (face-to-face or virtual) on any topic related to health, education and quality of life.
Below, the bases for the presentation of abstracts:
Official working languages of the Congress:
The abstracts of the communications are admitted in Catalan, Spanish and English.
The modalities of presentation in the Congress are the following
- Oral communication (face-to-face or virtual)
- Poster (face-to-face or virtual)
The abstract of the communication will be presented through the application of the website of the Congress. Abstracts that have not been sent through the platform will not be accepted. In the application, the following information must be completed: title of the paper, names of the authors, the center or institution, the postal and email address, as well as the summary of the communication in PDF format.
Data and modality for the submission of abstracts
- Title of the proposal.
The maximum extension for the title is 120 characters (spaces included). If you try to enter a longer text, it will be cut and therefore the evaluators will not be able to evaluate the cut text.
- Names and surnames of the author/authors.
- Institution to which it belongs (n).
- Email of all the authors of the proposal.
- Mobile or contact telephone of the author/authors.
All accepted abstracts will be eligible for a prize in the corresponding category, except those whose author/s express their wish not to opt for it, by checking the box indicated, or those in which the personal data of the author or authors are not included.
The text of the abstract should not exceed 300 words following the IMRiD model (introduction, method, results and discussion), where appropriate, hypotheses or objectives; remember that you can not enter tables or graphs in the summary. One should cite the bibliography used following the APA international model for the realization of scientific works, or in its absence the Vancouver model used for carrying out scientific works in the field of health (you can choose the model that fits your topic of your investigation). The bibliography is not counted within 300 words.
Abstracts will be presented with Times New Roman typography, body 12 points, single line spacing and must be uploaded to the platform in PDF format.
Acceptance of Communications and Posters
The proposals for abstracts received will be submitted for review by the Scientific Committee of the Congress. Progressively upon receipt of the same, the first author will receive, through email, the decision of the Committee.
Important, to take into account:
Remember that, once the deadline for submitting abstracts has been closed, author changes will NOT be accepted and that the authors will appear in the certificate in the same order and format as in the abstract sent.
- All the works whose speaker has not made the registration (including the payment thereof) on December 4, 2018, may be removed from the program; that is, it is essential to be registered or registered in the Congress to be able to present a communication or poster.
- The speaker must be one of the authors. For the purposes of the organization, this person will be the scientific responsible for the work and must be registered and present at the Congress. All those summaries whose speaker does not make the presentation, will be removed from both the program and the final version of the Book of Abstracts of the Congress. Also, the authors will lose their right to receive certificates of presentation and/or assistance.
- A maximum of two communications per registration can be submitted.
- The first author can only be in an oral communication and/or a poster. Therefore, it can not be in two posters or two oral communications.
- For the purposes of this scientific event, the Scientific Committee considers that bibliographic reviews are a preliminary and necessary step in the realization of a research work, but do not in themselves involve research projects with results and implications for clinical practice, so Both are not accepted for submission.
- Regarding systematic reviews, keep in mind that the summary must contain the following sections: Review question; Criteria for the inclusion of studies; Search strategy; Methods to select, extract and synthesize the review data; Results and Discussion.
- The final decision on which communications will be oral will be taken by the Scientific Committee.
- Once the Scientific Committee of the Congress informs about the acceptance of the communication, it can proceed to the payment for the attendance to the congress.
- It is recommended to use PowerPoint or PDF formats for presentations. The organization of the Congress guarantees the technical means only for these formats. The file must be copied to the computer the day before the presentation. The congress secretariat will indicate in advance the room and corresponding time of each presentation.
- The total time assigned for the presentation of each oral communication will be 15 minutes. It is recommended to leave a few minutes for questions.
- The acceptance of a communication does not imply any kind of financial support.
- It is not possible to obtain a certificate without the corresponding registration and payment.
The accepted communications will receive the information via email.
The accepted measures for the posters are 84 centimeters wide by 118 centimeters high. The orientation of the poster will be vertical, not horizontal.
The posters or posters must use the official working languages of the Congress: Catalan, Spanish or English.
The text and graphics must be legible from a distance of 2 meters. Use simple funds. The minimum letter body for the entire text will be 18 points. It is recommended to use bullets and minimize the use of text.
It is important that the message you want to convey is clear. Try to structure the poster with clarity and simplicity avoiding overloading the poster with too much text and/or a lot of data. The poster must be understandable without oral explanation.
The poster code that will indicate the panel number where it will be hung will be provided in the congress secretariat. The posters will remain in the panels from their placement (afternoon of December 10, until the end of the sessions of December 11). Each author is responsible for hanging and removing his poster in the indicated times.
The materials needed to hang the posters on the panels will be provided by the Congress organization. The coffee breaks on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be served in the room where the posters are displayed. It is recommended that attendees use these 30 minute breaks to read the posters and contact the authors.
The deadlines and indications for the abstracts of the poster work will be the same as those indicated for the oral presentations.
Virtual format posters will receive the instructions via email.
Presentation of abstracts:
Deadline: December 10, 2018.
Presentation of communications:
Deadline: December 10, 2018.
Registration for the Congress:
Deadline: December 4, 2018.
Secretariat of the congress: